Dear WV ACHE Members,
Are you interested in volunteering your time with a Board Committee? Board Committees are an excellent way to have an impact on the chapter and you can count your service towards ACHE’s Recognition Program. We are looking for motivated, reliable healthcare professionals to assist with various events and initiatives. These tasks could include (but are not limited to):
- Events Creation: Helping develop ideas for and project managing WV ACHE programs (educational and networking)
- Event Logistics: Day-of-event registration, set up, tear-down, and other logistics at events
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion: Engage chapter leaders and members in increasing the diversity of our membership and of health administration generally while assuring our events, programs, communications, and strategies are inclusive
- Creative Writing: Developing web and email content for WV ACHE
- Marketing & Communications: Assistance with social media presence, taking photos at events, managing communications to chapter members
- Membership: Spreading the word about WV ACHE at internal and external events
- Development & Sponsorship: Help the chapter identify potential sponsor to develop financial support for the chapter’s educational events and scholarship programs
- Create your Own Role: Do you see gaps in our events, membership, or offerings, and you have skills you can use to assist in improving WV ACHE? We’d love to hear your ideas!
What’s in it for me?
Volunteering with your local professional organization could not only create a meaningful addition to your resume but can also help you develop relationships with other healthcare professionals in the field. We track the progress and time devoted by all our volunteers. If volunteers work well with the team and offer value, there is a great chance of formal roles on the Board in the future if you so choose.